Friday 17 October 2014

Evaluation


1.      In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
My media product uses the conventions of real media products such as a logo, masthead, coverlines, and I put a barcode on the front too. I also put a date underneath the masthead so people were aware what date the magazine was out for. Finally, I put the price on the front in a puff. 

However I did not put a strapline along the bottom as I was not sure what to put there, and there was not enough space for the writing to be clearly shown.
Although I put the price on the front which is following the usual conventions of a media product, the price is not usually written in the puff which shows that I have challenged the form of a real media product. 

2.      How does your media product represent particular social groups?
My media product represents teenagers as quite a positive group of people. They are shown in a way that indicates that they are a hard working in the school environment, which is different to how the majority of the world will show teenagers as.

On the front of my magazine, the boy on the front is not in uniform however he is in smart clothes. He seems very happy to be at the school which makes people think that he is really enjoying himself at school.

The boy is 17 years of age so everyone in the school can relate to him because he is happy and around the same age as everyone else. The smile makes the boy seem as if he wanted to be there at the school and was actually really happy and excited to be at school.

However it also shows teenage girls to be quite big gossips because I have even allocated a whole two pages to gossip around the school. 

3.      What kind of media institution (publisher) might distribute your media product and why?
My school would create the school magazine by asking students whether they would be interested in creating it. This is because a public schools may not have the money to pay people to create a magazine.
 
However a private school might pay someone outside of the school to make a school newsletter so it is to an outstanding quality.

4.      Who would be the audience for your media product?
People at the school from ages 11-18 have the option whether they would like to read the magazine. It is avaliable and targeted at everyone between those ages because it has information about the whole school which informs them about the year ahead.  

5.      How did you attract/address your audience?
By writing the schools name on the front and having a boy from the sixth form seem happy and inviting, I would hope make people want to pick up the magazine. If they see a familiar face on the front they may be interested to see what is inside and who they know, as well as finding out information such as school trips, because everyone would like to know where they're going in the year ahead.

Having the schools name on the front ensures people that the magazine is for them to read.
 
6.      What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have learnt how to use Adobe Photoshop to a much better standard. I learnt how to use much more of the tools and this made my image seem much more effective as a front cover.
I had never used InDesign before, and this was the first time I had ever heard of it or even used it. I found it quite difficult at first but it seems like it might become easier to use.

Until I began media studies I had never been on Blogger but now I know how to use it to a relatively good standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment